Start a Rocking Self-Publishing Career
I’m Simon, host of the Rocking Self-Publishing podcast. Welcome.
This is the quick start guide to getting moving with Rocking Self-Publishing, and kicking off, or elevating your indie career!
I’ll point you to a few key episodes you should listen to, a few resources I recommend, and even a few other podcasts/blogs that I recommend you check out.
Let’s Start with a Few Episodes (listen in this order!)
1 Episode 37 with Michael Coorlim
– Start by listening to this interview with a guy who went from having nothing to being a successful self-publisher in a remarkably short amount of time. For those who haven’t yet started or are early on in their journey this is a must listen. Then move onto…
2 Episode 7 with Darren Wearmouth
– Darren was a brand new author, who’d never self-published before. I conducted this interview just after he released First Activation
which went on to be a smash hit. Darren quit his job and went full time in the first year. Now that you have soaked up some inspiration, tune into…
3 Episode 65 with David Gaughran
– David is a well known blogger in self-publishing. This interview will bring you right up to date with the current self-publishing landscape. This interview is full of practical advice about what you can do as a new author. It’s not all rainbows and butterflys…
4 Episode 64 with Mimi Strong
– Today, Mimi is a super successful self-publisher, but it wasn’t an easy journey. Change in strategy and plenty of long days are required to make self-publishing really work financially. And speaking of working financially…
5 Episodes 49, 39, and 5
– All episodes that point out that you are not just an artist. Want to make self-publishing a well paid career? You are a business person too. These episodes are all with some of the best in the business, they know that, and you must too. Vital listening.
Finally, grab some inspiration before you set out and listen to Matt Ahlshlager tell you how he wrote 50,000 words in a single day in episode 40.
(And if you are in to non-fiction, you should see how Michael Rank took a failing business and turned it into a thriving self-publishing empire
Hook Yourself Up With Some Vital Resources
Get yourself over to the Resources page (link on the purple bar!)
You’ll find awesome resources, like my video course on creating author websites (it shows you how to create an amazing website, from scratch, with no web skills in just a few hours). Oh, and it’s totally free.
Click the banner on the right to take a look.
Grab my report detailing 5 amazing free tools that will boost your writing productivity today! (Plus you’ll get some cool bonus audio content). That will also add you to my awesome mailing list which you’ll never want to leave (seriously, hardly anyone unsubscribes)
Enter your email at the top of the page to download the goods!
Don’t forget to subscribe :-).
Subscribing to RSP means you get the show delivered direct to your smart device every Thursday. It will also make me happy. Here are some handy links…